Blackberry and Apple Oaty Crumble
Gas Mark 5, 190ºC, 375ºF
- 750g (1lb 10oz) Bramley apples
- 300g (11oz) blackberries
- 140g (5oz) demerara sugar
- 175g (6oz) plain flour
- 1OOg (4oz) oats
- 140g (5oz) butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190C 5/fan oven 170C.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- Layer up in a 1.7 litre/3 pin pie dish with the blackberries and 50g of the sugar.
- Mix the flour and oats in a bowl
- Add the butter, cut into small pieces, and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the fruit
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour, until the crumble is nicely browned and the fruit juices start to bubble up around the edge of the dish.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes
- Serve with whipped cream, custard, plain yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.
Equally delicious served cold
Download printable version